Learn Chinatown Jeet Kune Do Step-by-Step!
This is a bundle package of our Levels 2 & 3!
Contains over 15 hours of video lessons
Our online lessons have been created to preserve the teachings of Bruce Lee with a focus on the "Los Angeles-era" of Jeet Kune Do as taught by Sifu Bob Bremer, Sifu Jim Sewell and Sifu Tim Tackett.
This program, which coincides with the 3 student ranks as set forth by the Chinatown JKD Association, means you will get access to authentic training under the standards and practices set forth by first-generation Bruce Lee students Bob Bremer & Jim Sewell, under the direct supervision of second-generation instructor Tim Tackett.
Levels 2 and 3 builds on this knowledge and introduces you to a wide range of advanced techniques, strategies and training methods; all of which have been organized into a clearly defined, systematic curriculum. The more advanced lessons will introduce you to various levels of sparring, along with methods to correct and refine the skill-sets you’ve acquired in prior lessons.
These are all the requirements you will need to finish your undergraduate requirements in Chinatown Jeet Kune Do and contains over 15 hours of step-by-step videos taught by Sifu Jeremy Lynch, Sifu Dennis Blue and the legendary Sifu Tim Tackett.
Here's what you'll learn:
- Unique Drills & Techniques - Learn the drills and techniques taught by Sijo Bruce and refined over the last 40 years by Sifu Bremer, Tacket and Sewell.
- Defensive Drills - Learn various defensive drills, such as: the slipping and "bob and weave" progressions; boxing, kickboxing and wall survival drills.
- Attacking Methods - Get an in-depth look at Sijo Bruce Lee’s famous “5 Methods of Attack”: Single Direct Attack / Single Angular Attack; Attack By Combination; Attack By Drawing; Progressive Indirect Attack; Hand Immobilization Attack. You will also be get and in-depth lesson on "broken rythm" and how to apply it in combat.
- Sensitivity Training - The swinging gate drill; counter trapping tactics; combative applications of trapping; energy drills as taught in Sifu Dan Inosanto's backyard classes; and what we deem to be "historical techniques".
- Advanced Striking & Footwork - Advanced punching, kicking, footwork drills and techniques of Chinatown Jeet Kune Do.
- Infighting Techniques - Sifu Dennis Blue shares the infighting techniques as taught in Sifu Tackett’s garage (as part of the JKD Wednesday Night Group) designed to fill in gaps in the Chinatown JKD curriculum concerning close quarters fighting. While this is considered supplementary material, it is a very important part of your overall game
- Ground Escapes - Sifu Jim McCann teaches our approach to ground fighting, which is very simple: “Get back to our feet!” Learn simple and effective techniques for getting off the ground from various positions (in the event you find yourself on the ground during an encounter).
- The Wooden Dummy (Mook Jong) - Sifu Tackett provides a general overview of techniques and training methods on the Mook Jong. Sifu focuses on the elements of the Wing Chun and JKD sets (created by Dan Inosanto) used most often by the JKD Wednesday Night Group & Chinatown JKD.
- Distance Drills - These lessons in volume 9 concludes the Level 2 set. Sifu Tackett is back to teach you how to defend or intercept by controlling range during an encounter. He will share with you several drills and strategies to use distance to your advantage.
- Core Technique Refinement - Get the finer details of Stop Kicking (including leg obstruction and the shin-knee sidekick) as well as the straight lead, gaining proper penetration of punches and HIA (Hand Immobilization Attacks).
- The "Biu Jee" - The "Biu Jee" or the Finger Jab is one of the most important techniques in Chinatown Jeet Kune Do. Sifu Dennis shares different ways of applying the finger jab, various drills used to train the technique, integrating 'alive' training of the finger jab and how to use the finger jab against aggressive attackers.
- Full-Contact Sparring - Sparring full contact is a crucial element of JKD training. In these lessons we'll take a look at some common errors you and your training partners may encounter when sparring and how to best correct them.
- Feints, Fakes & Draws - Learn the subtle differences between feints, fakes and draws. This is an in-depth look at the art of the feint in Jeet Kune Do and how to properly apply it in your training and sparring.
- Fighting Leads - Bruce Lee advocated the use of the 'strong side forward' stance in Jeet Kune Do. In Level 3, we will take a look at the pros and cons of the JKD stance as taught in Chinatown JKD. Strategy and tactics are discussed as well as the use of trapping against an opponent who has been trained to fight from an orthodox stance.
- Solo Training - If you want to excel in your training you will need to learn how to train when no training partner is available. In Level 3 we have a 90-minute segment on various solo training methods using common equipment such as the heavy bag and double end bag.
- Personal Combat - As you grow in JKD, you must learn the proper tactics and strategies of personal combat and how they apply to JKD. An entire lesson is dedicated to a lecture and demonstration by Sifu Dennis Blue on training and application of personal combat with JKD.
- And a lot more! (too many things to list!)